Monday, December 8, 2014

TMNT

Ethan is starting to get into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles much to our excitement.  David has a DVD he bought in college with several episodes of the original cartoon and Ethan is always begging to watch it.  

Since embarking on our twenty-five days of intentional Christmas time, several people have sent me a link with DIY TMNT ornaments.  I knew Ethan would love these "Cowabunga Turtle" ornaments so I wanted to make sure we found time to make them.  In college, I bought a box of red and green bulb ornaments (which we rarely put on the tree) so I already had the main expense for this craft.  Grandma surprised us with felt for the masks and goggly eyes so we were set.  We had enough eyes to make 6 ornaments so Ethan decided to make a couple extra for one of his best preschool buds, who also loves the turtles.  Ethan has told me every day for the last month that he and Will have played TMNT during free time at school...I think they even have the girls in their class playing turtles now :)   

Here ya go:  Supplies needed:  Red, Blue, Purple and Orange Felt or Ribbon, Goggly Eyes, Green Bulbs, Hot Glue Gun 




No comments: