Thursday, December 11, 2014

Full

Today's word.  Full.

This morning I ran errands with a cart "full" of children.  One who was "full" of giggles, one "full" of cute and one "full" of attitude.  All will remain nameless.

The kiddos and I spent a "full" day together but really didn't do anything unique or out of the ordinary and I am trying to be ok with that in the midst of this challenge I have given myself.  We did have a great time with Rudolph stickers that I bribed them with ($1 bribe...I will not feel guilty about that).  There are new masterpieces on my fridge now.

We also have "full" bellies from a wonderful dinner treat tonight at Red Robin thanks to David's parents.  David had a "full" day of joy because he came home with a new guitar :)  More on that later.

Today is teaching me that I can be present with my kids without bells and whistles.  I know that truth but sometimes in the moment I forget.  Sometimes, I use it as an excuse to never be intentional with them.  Preschool is teaching Ethan everything, right?  One more show on TV is fine right now because I need to fold laundry, right?  And so on...  Then I rebound and sometimes plan way too much and overwhelm us all.    Today I want to remember what it means to be "full" in the right way.   Full of contentment.  Full because I am ok with where God has placed me right now.

I'm reminded of this verse from Psalm 63:5 "I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you."

Fully satisfied.

Since this post has been a bit on the deep side, I will leave you with this picture.  I just noticed this ornament Ethan decorated.

Sometimes you need both the statement necklace and the scarf :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love that you mentioned the statement necklace and the scarf!!! :)