Wednesday, January 30, 2008

8 Things

Gretchen tagged me in this blog forward...sounded fun so here it goes!

8 Things I'm Passionate about

David, my husband
Jesus
Learning, anything from finally learning how to use my macbook to learning more about my faith
Becoming a servant
Traveling
Reading, I love reading and usually have 3 or 4 books started at once
Campus Ministry
Pictures

8 Things I Want to do Before I Die
Give away more than I keep (I think I will keep this from Gretchen because I really like it)
Travel to another country with David (we are really excited about going to Kenya and we would like to go to India)
Spend a summer away from home
Have children (including adoption)
Read the Bible through in a year
Learn more about my new sister
Own a house (or live in some place where we don't pay rent)
Learn to play the piano

8 Things I Often Say
(wow, this is difficult)
I love you
Honey, why are you doing that? (that one I need to work on...)
Tell me every detail
Tell me the best part of your day so far (I like to start meetings this way)
No I am not actually in college anymore, I work with college students :)
Are you tired of hot pockets? (making David's lunch in the morning)
I'm cold!
Where are my keys and cell phone?

8 TV Shows I Recently Watched
( I don't watch much TV...but I catch a show every once in a while over lunch or chillin' with my homies)
Will and Grace
Project Runway
Scrubs
NFL
CNN (I have been trying to keep up with the presidential debates)
The Office
Ace of Cakes
Good Eats ( I think that is what it is called...)


8 Songs I Never Tire of Listening To
Share the Well- Caedmon's Call
If I'm Brave- Ali Rogers
Anything David Crowder Band
Wicked Soundtrack
Any worship song David plays on the guitar
Christmas Music
I want you to be my love- Over the Rhine
Anything by the Beatles


8 Things that Attract me to my Friends
Openness and Vulnerability
I can call them anytime
Randomness
Their willingness to tell me every detail
Being able to laugh and cry in the same conversation
They challenge me to grow
Grace
The fact that we can talk about Jesus


8 Things I Learned in 2007
How to plan a wedding
What it is to grieve
How to move off campus and get an apartment
The joys and fears of support raising
That I can write if I trust and obey
Not to be nervous when talking to big groups of people, just be myself :)
My husband is an amazing cook
Grocery shopping on a budget

Now lets see here I will tag Jenny , Erin , and Hannah

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

I especially loved the "No I am not actually in college anymore, I work with college students :)" line...I can't count how many times I've had to explain the campus minister thing!!

Thanks for playing....great job!