Monday, March 30, 2009

NCAA picks

March Madness has been so much fun this year.  Not quite as fun as cheering for an underdog like George Mason last year, but still fun.

My bracket this year is pretty much toast.  I picked UNC to get upset early on, Villanova to get taken down, and Illinois to make a run. Oklahoma was supposed to win the tournament over Michigan State after the two took down Pitt and Memphis, respectively.  

Though most of the bracket was filled out without bias, I must admit that my picking Illinois was because I wanted them to win.  I thought they had a chance, so I was comfortable picking them.   Unfortunately, I did the bracket on our mission trip to Minnesota and failed to find out that Chester Frazier was indeed out for the tournament.  Might've done that one differently...Still, it was almost more fun to fill out the bracket how I WANTED the tournament to work out rather than based on my opinion of the teams' level of play.  I wanted to see Blake Griffin play basketball and I really wanted to see MSU (Big Ten team) knock down a no. 1 seed.  
Glad to see Michigan State is still in it!

I don't think many of the people who follow our blog are sports fans.   If you are, who are you picking for the last 3 games? 

 I'm taking MSU to beat UConn, UNC to beat Villanova, and UNC to take the championship over MSU.  I hope I'm wrong.  I really want Michigan State to win.  However, it really doesn't seem likely after watching Ty Lawson.  That dude is unreal.

Whichever teams you pick, enjoy the rest of the tournament!
-dave


No comments: