Sunday, September 14, 2008

Consumed

I think sometimes...wait often times I fall into the whirlwind of worry and stress. I worry if I am doing enough in my life, in the ministry where God has placed me or too much. I stress out about meeting new students, what I should say in meetings, where am I going to find pictures for this week's powerpoints, if I am being kind and loving to my husband or just impatient and on and on. I let a lot of the little details of my life keep me down. I read this in Francis Chan's book Crazy Love last week:

Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.

Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control.

Ouch.

1 comment:

Gretchen Magruder said...

Aaaahhh- can't wait to read that book!!