Monday, December 22, 2014

Tradition

I must admit that I am not very sentimental...neither is David...there we admitted it (or I admitted it for both of us).  Whew, I'm glad to get that off my chest :)  We don't keep many things just to keep things.  We have an awesome collection of preschool art projects but we don't keep every piece.  We have been fine with destressing lots of childhood treasures.   Don't worry parents we keep the special ones.

In light of that, we are not big on being tied down to lots of traditions that we must keep up with.  We have a few and we love those few.  Some we have taken from our families of origin and some we have claimed as our own.   One of those is hot chocolate/chocolate milk, Christmas tunes and Christmas lights sometime the week before Christmas.  We love getting loaded up in our pjs and heading out to look at Christmas lights.  Our neighborhood has the best Christmas light displays in town but every year we pick a new neighborhood to check out.


We even stopped by the Capital on the way home. 

I'm ending with this picture just so anyone reading this knows I do hold dearly some things from my childhood.  We claimed our nana-made stockings for our own house this year.  I love them! 
And yes, we are re-watching the West Wing. 

No comments: